Integrated Yogic Studies
Through Practice and Sadhana, Deepening Yogic Lifestyle, Experience and Skills
We are happy to announce the NEW SYAE COURSE for committed students of yoga and yoga teachers and instructors trained in the Satyananda system of yoga. This course follows the path of progression from personal yoga practice to sadhana, and from sadhana to yogic lifestyle.
Objectives of the course
1. To deepen the ongoing effort of integration of personal yoga sadhana into activities of daily life and to guide this process towards the realistic expression of yogic lifestyle.
2. To enhance the skills which are a natural outcome and expression of this process, which enable us to share the knowledge of yoga with others and teach Satyananda Yoga in the community.
This Integrated Yogic Studies is an eight-months course with two in-depth residentials – the first for twenty-one days, and then an eight-day residential at the end of the course.
Between the residential periods, students are expected to commit to a regular home practice, maintain and regularly submit a home practice diary, maintain a yoga teaching journal and complete a number of written assignments on the components begun at the residential.
Those completing the Integrated Yogic Studies course will deepen their understanding and experience of the philosophy, psychology and physiology of Yoga and its effects in accordance with the current teachings of the Bihar School of Yoga, thus establishing progress in their own Sadhana while enriching their skills and techniques to inspire others to take up the path of yoga more seriously and sincere
Experienced international Satyananda Yoga teachers
Hungarian Yoga Association in Szolad, a quiet village near the beautiful lake Balaton, a 90-minute drive from Budapest airport (Hungary). Accommodation will be shared (two to three people to a room). Diet will be simple, nutritious vegetarian meals.
- This course is offered to those who have successfully completed Yogic Studies 2b (or former Yogic Studies 2 course in the Satyananda Yoga Academy) and to those who have completed a Satyananda Yoga Teacher Training Course.
- Ability to meet the time commitments required
All students are expected to manage their own time. Those with extensive work and family commitments may find it challenging to manage the course workload.
We strongly suggest that students do not take part in other significant courses during the year.
- English language competence
As all lectures, practical classes, home assignments and assessments will be in English, students need to have a good grasp of the language. Applicants whose first language is not English may be asked to provide evidence of their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Minimum age is 18 years
Students will be expected to be present in the venue at all times, to participate fully in all aspects of the course and to maintain yogic discipline during the residential stays. An aspect of this discipline will be to minimise use of mobile devices.
- Daily 1.5 hour practice – asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation, yama & niyama, reflection, as per given schedules.
- Writing a daily home practice diary and a yoga teaching journal and submitting both at regular prescribed intervals
- Additional study time – approximately 15-20 hours per month to include full participation in the online element of the course.
Appropriate selection of textbooks will be used to help deepen the experience of living and expressing the precepts of yoga philosophy, yoga psychology and yoga sadhana.
Certificates will only be awarded to students who successfully complete all aspects of the course.
Due to substantial differences in average income of participants from different areas of Europe, course fees apply as follows:
€3200.- for participants from: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
€2500.- for participants from: Cyprus, Israel, Italy, Malta, Slovenia, Spain
€1950.- for participants from: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Lebanon, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Turkey
€1550.- for participants from: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine
The course fee covers all practical and theoretical tuition, assessments and marking, printed handouts, accommodation and catering.
Participants with limited financial resources can apply to pay the course fee by installments.
Closing date of application: 15th June 2021. Please apply well in advance, as spaces are limited. They may fill up before the application closing date.
Fill in the application form here.
If you would like more information please contact: application[at]syae.eu
If you would like to be kept informed about future Integrated Yogic Studies courses then please subscribe to our mailing list.
- up to 3 months before the course begins: 10% for administration, 90% refunded;
- 3 months – 4 weeks before the course begins: 50% of the fee will be held and 50% refunded, unless the place can be filled;
- 4 weeks until the course begins: 80% of the fee will be held and 20 % refunded, unless the place can be filled;
- after the course begins: there will be no refund.
If due to accident or illness (medical certificate required) the course cannot be continued, there will be the option to continue the training within 24 months of the start of the first attempt (Additional costs may apply for board and lodging cancellation fees.).
Cost for administration to re-enter the course: € 250.-
We are planning and working towards running the Yogic Studies courses in Hungary on the dates given on this website, and are processing application as they are received.
As we continue with our work for this, we are following the ever changing situation of the Corona Virus throughout Europe and depending on the situation we may need to make adjustments to the dates for some or all of the 2021 planned courses. The website will be updated promptly with any such changes and those who have already applied for a course will be emailed with details of the changes.
We thank you for your understanding, patience and co-operation and wish you health and well-being during these times.