SATYANANDA YOGA® is a registered trademark of IYFM , to be used with permission
In Yogic Studies 2a and 2b courses, students deepen their knowledge and experience of Satyananda Yoga. The Yogic Studies 2 modules outline the philosophical systems of yoga – Tantra, Samkhya and Vedanta – and how these are applied in the Satyananda system of Yoga.
Further on Yogic Studies 2 explores concepts within yogic philosophy and yogic psychology, which includes studying Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita. And also explored is the Chakra System in theory and practice.
Components of the course
Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkarma
Satyananda Yoga Nidra® and Meditation
Philosophy and Psychology of Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology
Mantra and Kirtan
Those completing the Yogic Studies 2 modules will be eligible to progress to further Satyananda Yoga Academy Europe training courses (please note that successful completion of YS2a is prerequisite for the participation in the YS2b).
Yogic Studies 2 is comprised of two 6-months course modules. Each module begins with a twelve-day and ends with a six day in-depth residential.
Between the residential periods students are expected to commit to a regular home practice, maintain and regularly submit a home practice diary and complete a number of written assignments.
Those completing the Yogic Studies 2 course modules will deepen their understanding of Yoga Philosophy, Psychology and Physiology thus laying a firm foundation for progress in their Sadhana.
Experienced Satyananda Yoga teachers from Europe and Bihar Yoga Bharati (Institute for Advanced Yogic Sciences, India) will conduct and assess the course.
Hungarian Yoga Association in Szolad, a quiet village near the beautiful lake Balaton, a 90-minute drive from Budapest airport (Hungary). Accommodation will be shared (two to three people to a room). Diet will be simple, nutritious vegetarian meals.
- Successful completion of YS1 with SYAE or the BYB four-month course
Please note: Participants who have completed Yogic Studies 1 with any other academy, are required to gain entry into YS2 in Europe through individual evaluation. Please enquire for details.
- For entry into Module 2b, successfull completion of Module 2a is required.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Ability to meet the time commitments required
All students are expected to manage their own time. Those with extensive work and family commitments may find it challenging to manage the course workload.
We strongly suggest that students do not take part in other significant courses during the year.
- English language competence
As all lectures, practical classes, home assignments and assessments will be in English, students need to have a good grasp of the language. Applicants whose first language is not English may be asked to provide evidence of their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
Students will be expected to be present in the venue at all times, to participate fully in all aspects of the course and to maintain yogic discipline during the residential stays. An aspect of this discipline will be to minimise use of mobile devices.
- Daily 1.5 hour practice – asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation as per given schedules.
- Writing a daily home practice diary and submitting it at regular prescribed intervals
- Additional study time – approximately 15-20 hours per month to include full participation in the online element of the course.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Meditations from the Tantras by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- The Bhagavad Gita (Recommended: Swami Sivananda)
Certificates will only be awarded to students who successfully complete all aspects of the course.
Due to substantial differences in average income of participants from different areas of Europe, course fees apply as follows:
€1900.- for participants from: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
€1550.- for participants from: Cyprus, Israel, Italy, Malta, Slovenia, Spain
€1250.- for participants from: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia
€1050.- for participants from: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine
The course fee (per 6 months module) covers all practical and theoretical tuition, assessments and marking, printed handouts, accommodation and catering.
Participants with limited financial resources can apply to pay the course fee by installments.
Closing date of application: 15. Juni 2020. Please apply well in advance, as spaces are limited. They may fill up before the application closing date.
If you would like more information please contact: application [at] syae.eu
If you would like to be kept informed about future Yogic Studies 2 courses then please subscribe to our mailing list.
- up to 3 months before the course begins: 10% for administration, 90% refunded;
- 3 months – 4 weeks before the course begins: 50% of the fee will be held and 50% refunded, unless the place can be filled;
- 4 weeks until the course begins: 80% of the fee will be held and 20 % refunded, unless the place can be filled;
- after the course begins: there will be no refund.
If due to accident or illness (medical certificate required) the course cannot be continued, there will be the option to continue the training within 24 months of the start of the first attempt (Additional costs may apply for board and lodging cancellation fees.).
Cost for administration to re-enter the course: € 250.-