Until 2017 Yogic Studies consisted of only two courses i.e. Yogic Studies 1 and 2. From 2018 however, yogic studies will consists of four courses i.e Yogic Studies 1a and 1b, and Yogic Studies 2a and 2b. Those who completed Yogic Studies 1 by 2017 are eligible to continue their studies with the Yogic Studies 2a course.
In Yogic Studies 2a and 2b courses, students deepen their knowledge and experience of Satyananda Yoga. The YS2 modules outline the philosophical systems of yoga – Tantra, Samkhya and Vedanta – and how these are applied in the Satyananda system of Yoga.
Further on YS2 explores concepts within yogic philosophy and yogic psychology, which includes studying Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita. And also explored is the Chakra System in theory and practice.
Components of the course include:
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkarma
- Yoga Nidra and Meditation
- Philosophy and Psychology of Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Mantra and Kirtan
- Yogic Lifestyle
- Karma Yoga
Those completing the YS2 modules will be eligible to progress to further SYAE training courses (please note that successful completion of YS2a is prerequisite for the participation in the YS2b).
Yogic Studies 2 is comprised of two 6-months course modules. Each module begins with a twelve-day and ends with a six day in-depth residential. Between the residential periods students are expected to commit to a regular home practice, maintain and regularly submit a home practice diary and complete a number of written assignments.
Those completing the YS2 course modules will deepen their understanding of Yoga Philosophy, Psychology and Physiology thus laying a firm foundation for progress in their Sadhana.
Residential 1: 1-13 April 2018
Residential 2: 2-8 September 2018
Dates Yogic Studies 2b
If you are interested, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Experienced Satyananda Yoga teachers from Europe and Bihar Yoga Bharati (Institute for Advanced Yogic Sciences, India) will conduct and assess the course.
Hungarian Yoga Association in Szolad, a quiet village near the beautiful lake Balaton, a 90-minute drive from Budapest airport (Hungary). Accommodation will be shared (two to three people to a room). Diet will be simple, nutritious vegetarian meals.
Pre entry requirements
- Successful completion of YS1 with SYAE or the BYB four-month course
Please note: Participants who have completed Yogic Studies 1 with any other academy, are required to gain entry onto YS2 in Europe through individual evaluation. Please enquire for details.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Ability to meet the time commitments required
All students are expected to manage their own time. Those with extensive work and family commitments may find it challenging to manage the course workload.
We strongly suggest that students do not take part in other significant courses during the year.
- English language competence
As all lectures, practical classes, home assignments and assessments will be in English, students need to have a good grasp of the language. Applicants whose first language is not English may be asked to provide evidence of their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
Students will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the course and to maintain yogic discipline during the residential stays. An aspect of this discipline will be to minimise use of mobile devices.
- Daily 1.5 hour practice – asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation as per given schedules.
- Writing a daily home practice diary and submitting it at regular prescribed intervals
- Additional study time – approximately 15-20 hours per month to include full participation in the online element of the course.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Meditations from the Tantras by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- The Bhagavad Gita (Recommended: Swami Sivananda)
Certificates will only be awarded to students who successfully complete all aspects of the course.
Course fee (for each module)
This includes all practical and theoretical tuition, marking, assessments, printed handouts, accommodation and catering.
* Reduced price policy (1150€) applies for eastern European countries (Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia etc.). Please enquire for details.
How to apply
Please download the application form here: YS218 Application Form
If you would like more information please contact:
ys218 [at] syae.eu
If you would like to be kept informed about future Yogic Studies 2 courses then please subscribe to our mailing list.